Day 6 – Weekly Thoughts
This week, we have discussed Heaven, one of the greatest subjects in the whole Bible. With Scripture as our ultimate travel guide, we have learned that:
- Heaven is the dwelling place of God, and it is a place full of beauty, joy, and peace.
- God is the host of Heaven, and angels and believers account for ALL of its guests.
- Guests will spend eternity living with God, worshipping God, and serving God.
- Saying yes to God’s invitation through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ is the ONLY way we can get to Heaven.
- Not responding or saying no to God’s invitation will result in people spending eternity in the dark suffering of Hell.
Sometimes, even as Christians who believe that Heaven will be our final home, we don’t think too much about what it will be like to live there forever. But I believe that if we did intentionally dwell on the hope of Heaven, our hearts and minds would experience a deep sense of peace in the chaos of the world around us. We must ensure that we and those we love know how to be made ready for Heaven. We must think about how wonderful it will be, and we must thank the One who paid the price for us to enter.
Look up, brothers and sisters, and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
Praise the Saviour, ye who know Him!
Who can tell how much we owe Him?
Gladly let us render to Him
All we are and have.
Keep us, Lord, O keep us cleaving
To Thyself and still believing,
Till the hour of our receiving
Promised joys in heaven.
Then we shall be where we would be,
Then we shall be what we should be;
That which is not now, nor could be,
Then shall be our own.
(Thomas Kelly, 1806, “Praise the Saviour, ye who know Him!”)